Land Use Zoning
"The commencement of the public participation for the proposed Integrated Zoning Scheme By-Law for the George Municipal area was advertised in the local press on 2nd and 9th February 2017. Land owners now have the opportunity until 02 March 2017 to inspect the zoning maps and check whether the zoning allocated to their property is correct and/or submit their comments on the by-law in writing. Visit our town planners on Level 5 of the Municipal Offices, contact Mrs D Power at (044)8019476 for more details,. or visit our website at
The referenced documents can alternatively be viewed/downloaded by clicking
The listings starts with agricultural. Scroll down to find residential etc.
To locate your property and check its registered land use click on this link and a map will open in a new tab, it may take a while. Follow the instructions below :
- The initial display will have the George logo displayed
- If the top of the screen has a black background click on the message "Click to restore ......"
- Click on the "OK" button in the bottom right
- If the legend displays in the right of the screen click on the "X" in the Legend header line.
- Zoom so that you have a view including your area of Wilderness. You can do this either by scrolling the wheel on your mouse or using the "+" and "-" below the "Draft Integrated Zoning Scheme" in the top left - it is not very visible.
- Scroll the map so that your area is approximately central. You do this by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the map.
- Repeat the scrolling and zooming to locate your property.
- Click on your property. You may immediately see the information or may get a "Draft Zoning Scheme" pop up in which case clicking on the right arrow will display details of the zoning.
- For most people this will be "Single Residential Zone 1"
- The "x" in the top left will close the page.