Land Use Zoning
Should the links indicated below be no longer available you are referred to the town planners of the Municipality as an alternative.
"The commencement of the public participation for the proposed Integrated Zoning Scheme By-Law for the George Municipal area was advertised in the local press on 2nd and 9th February 2017. Land owners had the opportunity until 02 March 2017 to inspect the zoning maps and check whether the zoning allocated to their property is correct and/or submit their comments on the by-law in writing. Visit our town planners on Level 5 of the Municipal Offices, contact Mrs D Power at (044)8019476 for more details,. or visit our website at
The referenced documents can alternatively be viewed/downloaded by clicking
The listings starts with agricultural. Scroll down to find residential etc.
To locate your property and check its registered land use click on this link and a map will open in a new tab, it may take a while. Follow the instructions below :
- The initial display will be centred around George.
- The layers display should already be set to show the required information. Should you wish to change the layers click on the Layer list heading and amend accordingly. You can close the lower half of the display by clicking on the X at the right.
- Scroll the map so that your area is approximately central. You do this by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the map.
- Repeat the scrolling and zooming to locate the required property.
- Click on the property. You may immediately see the information or you may need to WAIT and WAIT and WAIT.
Patience it will load.
- A small box will appear indicating 1 of 3. Click on the right arrow and a text page will appear. Two further pages are available by clicking on the right arrow at the top right of the display area. The last page indicates the zone use.
- For most people this will be "Single Residential Zone 1"
- The "x" in the top left will close the page.