Welcome to the Wilderness Ratepayers and Residents Association (WRRA) website.
The WRRA in conjunction with HRRA (Hoekwil Ratepayers & Residents Association) represents all the ratepayers and residents of Wilderness, Wilderness Heights, Hoekwil, Rondevlei, Kleinkrantz, and the greater Wilderness area.
We encourage all ratepayers and residents to be members of the Association as the greater our membership, the stronger our voice!
Plus, the greater our membership, the closer we will come to live this UNIFYING VISION for Wilderness:
Wilderness is a secure and caring community, passionate about the exceptional natural beauty that surrounds us and the gentle village lifestyle we embrace.
The WRRA Committee liaises with the authorities on whom we depend for major services such as roads, electricity, water, refuse collection, fire breaks, etc. etc. etc.: the George Municipality, Garden Route District Municipality, SANParks, SANRAL, etc. Where possible we adopt a ‘partnership’ approach as we found this to yield far better results than being confrontational!
There are many other benefits to membership
- WILDERNESS IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMME which includes the Village Monitors that keep the village clean and safe on a daily basis, beautifies our village gardens etc. etc.
- EMERGENCY WARNINGS - members with cell phones receive information relating to floods, fires, road closures, garbage collection deviations, water or electricity disruptions, etc.
- WRRA NEWS - a monthly electronic newsletter with news pertinent to those who live in and love Wilderness
- WRRA TALKS –frequent presentations on topics of local interest by local residents. Members get half price entry.
- POLICE FORUM NOTIFICATIONS
- INCLUSION IN A VITAL FIRE MANAGEMENT UNIT – contact Jeremy Eccles for details (082 456 1334)
Registration can be accomplished on-line by selecting the option in the Membership Menu above or click here. We guarantee that your personal details will be held in strict confidence and you will only receive communications related to the affairs of the Association or for which you have registered.
Registration costs are R170 per membership for the 2018 calendar year